WHAT CAN … MY WIFE / HUSBAND / COMPANION / FAMILY / CHILDREN … DO WHILST I FOLLOW THE COURSE ?
Crotone can offer :
This part of Calabria has retained a more authentic, indigenous and uncontaminated character,being as yet unexploited in confront to the massification of the tourist industry that has happened in other areas of Italy.
- Beaches and Sea - After the summer the weather is good and temperatures remain warm right up to the beginning of November.
- Little known coves to explore and go snorkeling The coast to the south of Crotone is a Marine Reserve.
- Courses in various Sea Sports are run in the town ; Sailing, Canoeing, Kite and Wind-surf, Diving and Arceo-snorkeling ( there are Ancient Greek and Roman wrecks in the waters close to the coast ).
- Castles, ruined Greek temples and Archeological museums to visit.
- Walking, cycling and mountain biking, and pony riding in the highlands and National Park of the Sila.
- Canyons and Waterfalls to visit, and swim in for the more adventurous.
- Local historical towns and medieval centers to visit.
- Traditional foods and specialities range from the seafoods of the coast to the variety of meats, cheeses and mushrooms from the inland highlands of the Sila.